Important Members Only Resources
- 2016 Medicare Fee Schedule [NEW]
- Sample Chiropractor Medical Retainer Agreement
- Sample PCP Notification Form
- 2015 BCBSM Trust Fee Schedule
- Medicare LCD (ICD-10)
As a service to our members we are now supporting a live help feature on our website! Trust us, it's a real person!
"Mack" (clever, right?) can help you with your log-in information and also help you find those important forms you are looking for. Questions with classified ads? Mack can help!
Just click the chat feature in the bottom right of your screen and Mack will be glad to assist you!
February a Critical Month for PT Fix Bill!
Chiropractic Opponents are Getting Their Message Out! Help Set the Record Straight - TODAY!
The Michigan Legislature returned from their Holiday break in January, and this is a particularly crucial time for our "PT Fix" bill, House Bill 4712! The Legislature will be in session from now until their summer break, which begins in Mid-June. With the Primaries coming up in August, and the General Election in November, this could be our last opportunity to pass this important bill prior to the Lame Duck Session in late November.
House Bill 4712 would allow physical therapists to accept a prescription from a chiropractor. Currently, chiropractors are the only physician group in Michigan from which PTs cannot accept a prescription.
Our opponents, including the Michigan Physical Therapy Association, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, Detroit Regional Chamber, and Michigan Manufacturers Association, have engaged in an effective misinformation campaign in an effort to kill the bill. Their erroneous arguments include:
- Chiropractors have a limited scope of practice that will compromise public safety if allowed to prescribe physical therapy
- PTs and DCs are "economic competitors" who compete for the same "consumers," and allowing DCs to be "gatekeepers" over their competition is anticompetitive
- Allowing DCs to prescribe PT will lead to "unnecessary utilization"
- The "unintended consequence" of HB 4712 will be higher health care costs
NOW is the time to let your Michigan House of Representatives member know the FACTS about HB 4712!
The truth is this:
- HB 4712 was developed and introduced to provide patients with the most cost-effective, time-efficient, and outcome-optimizing pathway to needed care.
- Enacting HB 4712 will serve to decrease health care costs.
- Chiropractors are educated and trained to act as portal-of-entry, primary care physicians.
- Michigan's chiropractic scope of practice is not limited to the spine.
Unfortunately, our opponents are getting their false messages out. Some representatives have received dozens of emails/letters from physical therapists in their districts, and it's time YOU got involved to set the record straight! If you don't, this common sense bill will be defeated and this false impression of chiropractic will be what legislators remember, affecting our ability to push pro-chiropractic legislation in the future.
To quickly and easily contact your Michigan House member, click "Legislative Action Center," left, and take action under "Urge Your Legislator to Vote "YES" on the PT 'Fix' in MI." Be sure to click on "Talking Points" to get MAC-developed points to include in your message!
April 29 - May 1, 2016
Grand Traverse Resort
September 23-25, 2016
Royal Dearborn Hotel
Week in Review
December 29, 2015
December 7, 2015
WPS Medicare recently released the 2016 fee schedule for dates of service January 1 – December 31, 2016.