MAC Takes Fight for Medicare Parity to Our Nation’s Capital for DC2020!
H.R. 3654 the Focus of Profession’s First-Ever State-Focused Legislative Training Event! MAC Leaders Meet with Michigan Congressional Delegation to Discuss Important Medicare Legislation
DC2020 In late January, key members of the MAC leadership team joined hundreds of chiropractors, students, and other chiropractic supporters to visit with their federal lawmakers as part of DC2020, the first-ever state-focused legislative training event and lobbying day. These MAC leaders learned strategies for navigating the legislative process, received training on developing and deploying grassroots efforts, and focused on developing cohesive messaging when going to “The Hill” to meet with our federal lawmakers.
The MAC contingent met with the offices of Senators Stabenow and Peters and all 14 members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Michigan, focusing on full inclusion in Medicare, specifically H.R. 3654, the Chiropractic Medicare Coverage Modernization Act of 2019.
MAC doctors who made the trek to Washington, DC, for this important event included:
- President Dr. Eric DiMartino
- Vice President/Director of External Affairs Dr. Lisa Olszewski
- Director of Internal Affairs Dr. Ken Murkowski, II
- Director of Financial Affairs Dr. Robert Markle
- Chairman of the Board Dr. Chris Dolecki
- Board of Directors member Dr. Douglas Lynes
- Board of Directors member Dr. Lewis Squires, who is also Chair of ACA-PAC
- Government Relations Committee Co-Chair Dr. Eric Hartman
- Government Relations Committee member Dr. Rebecca Warneke
- Executive Director Kristine Dowell and Government Relations Director Carl Alden
- Lobbyist John Lindley
YOU Can Help Reinforce Our Message!
The MAC Government Relations Committee is in the process of tailoring a strategic plan to maximize our advocacy efforts at DC2020. As H.R. 3654 moves through the process, we will be asking doctors in key districts to contact their member of Congress. By specifying when – and to whom – we communicate, we hope to enhance the likelihood of the bills passing their respective chambers. Stay tuned to your emails for how YOU can get involved when the time is right!
In the meantime, you can send an email to your congressperson at the MAC’s Legislative Action Center. Just CLICK HERE and take action under “Write Your U.S. Rep on H.R. 3654!” It’s fast, easy, and will make a difference!